Ensuring Quality Driver Instruction
Quality instructors are the cornerstone of driver education in Ohio. The Ohio Department of Public Safety is responsible for licensing and renewing trained instructors, and investigating and disciplining those who do not meet state standards.
Instructor Application Information
Instructor Training Forms
- Documentation of New Instructor Training DTO 0118 PDF | Word
- Documentation of New Abbreviated Adult Instructor Training DTO 0122 PDF | Word
- Documentation of New Abbreviated Adult Online Instructor Training for Currently Licensed Online Instructors DTO 0223 PDF | Word
- Documentation of New New Online Abbreviated Adult Instructor Training DTO 0124 PDF | Word
- Documentation of New Class A Instructor Training DTO 0134 PDF | Word
- Documentation of New Class B Instructor Training DTO 0135 PDF | Word
- Documentation of Disability New Instructor Training for Rehabilitation Clinics or Hospitals DTO 0212 PDF | Word
- Documentation of New Online Instructor Training DTO 0186 PDF | Word
- Probationary Classroom Assessment DTO 0207 PDF | Word
- Probationary Behind-the-Wheel Assessment DTO 0208 PDF | Word
- Probationary Skills (Range) Assessment DTO 0213 PDF | Word
- New Instructor Classroom Assessment DTO 0173 PDF | Word
- Classroom Assessment for Experienced Instructors DTO 0181 PDF | Word
- Behind the Wheel Road Assessment DTO 0170 PDF | Word
- Skills Range Assessment DTO 0214 PDF | Word
Public Safety Training Campus
Sexual Harassment Prevention Course - Course ID is WBT650
According to Ohio Administrative Code 4501-7-05 (C)(10), "Every training manager, instructor, and online instructor shall complete the department's online 'Sexual Harassment Training' annually." The required Sexual Harassment Training Course is available through the Public Safety Training Campus (PSTC). If you do not have a username and password, please choose "New User" to set up an account. The Course ID is WBT650, Sexual Harassment Prevention Course.
Basic Instructor Course - Curriculum ID is WBT651
According to Ohio Administrative Code 4501-7-05 (C)(6) "Evidence the applicant has completed a basic instructor course provided and approved by the department. The course shall have been completed no more than one year prior to the date the director receives the "Driver Training Instructor License Application." The required Basic Instructor Course can be taken online through the Public Safety Training Campus (currently for Class D applicants only) or in-person. If you do not have a username and password for the Public Safety Training Campus, please choose "New User" to set up an account. The Curriculum ID is WBT651 Basic Instructor Course (Class D, Online, Disability). This course will enroll you in four lessons. You must complete all four lessons to complete this course if taken online.
Bridging the Gap – Course ID is WBT653
According to Ohio Administrative Code 4501-8-05 (E) “Every training manager applicant shall submit proof the manage applicant has completed a course for driver training school managers that has been approved by the director.” Bridging the Gap is the approved course for Training Managers to take in order to apply to be licensed for Abbreviated Adult Training. The Bridging the Gap course is offered through the Public Safety Training Campus. You may use the same account information to log in as you do for the Sexual Harassment Prevention Course. If you do not have a username and password for the Public Safety Training Campus, please choose “New User” to set up an account. The Course ID is WBT653 Bridging the Gap.
The same account can be used for the Sexual Harassment Prevention Course, Basic Instructor Course, and Bridging the Gap.
Public Safety Training Campus
Log on / New Account Instructions